Mixer for battery mass production
One among the biggest challenges in the last 10 years is how to maintain a sustainable growth, while preserving the resources of our planet earth.
Forecasts indicate that we will use 50% more energy in 2050 than we do today.
This requires a technological leap forward in battery production.
MIX tackles this technological evolution with a specialised technical team which has developed a range of Li-ion MIX mixers specifically designed for the production of battery masses.
The Li-ion Mix range is based on a solid know-how in the world of powder mixing, developed over more than 30 years of experience..
In the production of lithium-ion batteries, it is imperative to:
1) Avoid contamination of raw materials to achieve high battery quality.
The mixing chamber of the Li-ion Mix is normally lined with a ceramic coating with alumina-based tiles, fixed by the use of a two-component epoxy resin.
Due to the complex geometry, the rotor shaft and mixing ploughshares can be coated with:
- two-component epoxy resin filled with ceramic powder
- thermal spray with alumina oxide (plasma spray)
- thermal spray with tungsten carbide HVOF
To meet specific requirements, alternative coatings such as ETFE / ECTFC are available
2) Avoid dust leakage due to the possible toxicity and hazardousness of certain ingredients in the compounds.
Rotor shaft seals of the Li-ion Mix series are designed to guarantee a perfect seal and to minimise the wear caused by dust. They are radial seals without packing and sealing is ensured by a pressurised air barrier.
3) Achieving perfect homogenisation.
The presence of side choppers ensures proper dispersion of the micro-additives in the shortest possible time.
Li-ion Mix – constant evolution to meet today's challenges.